- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
Tikanga means Culture or "the way we do things" so it would be like us explaining stuff to a reliever so they know what we do in the classroom.
Is a ceremony involving speeches, dancing and singing to welcome important people.
used to describe the Maori that were originally here first.
A visitor to Maori marae.
is a place where people feel connected and powerful.
it can mean that you are in the process of meeting new people.
is translated to "hospitality" and is used for inspiring people.
a love for something/someone.