Wednesday, 12 April 2017
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was the Donald Trump refugee ban because i already new a lot about it.
Here's my red zone project regeneration plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are (delete the ones that are not relevant)
- Year 9/10
- As I read I can make decisions about the usefulness of the text for the purpose - Eg: by using a variety of criteria to evaluate
Posted by Unknown at 10:23
Monday, 10 April 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel See Ya Simon by David Hill.
I found this novel Intriguing at first because at the start it was intriguing and interesting by then it started going downhill towards the end and the ending is weak and predictable in my opinion.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers (delete the ones that are not appropriate)
- Year 9/10 Standard
- I can monitor my understanding as it develops during my reading, and adjust my strategies to address any comprehension problems Eg: If I don’t understand a passage I have read I can re-read it, read-on, use pictures or diagrams, or explore the meaning of some of the vocabulary.
- I can use strategies to analyse ideas and information and to reflect critically on the meaning I am gaining from my reading. (Eg: I can think about the meaning of the information and ideas and how this fits with what I think)