Wednesday, 12 April 2017
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was the Donald Trump refugee ban because i already new a lot about it.
Here's my red zone project regeneration plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are (delete the ones that are not relevant)
- Year 9/10
- As I read I can make decisions about the usefulness of the text for the purpose - Eg: by using a variety of criteria to evaluate
Monday, 10 April 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel See Ya Simon by David Hill.
I found this novel Intriguing at first because at the start it was intriguing and interesting by then it started going downhill towards the end and the ending is weak and predictable in my opinion.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers (delete the ones that are not appropriate)
- Year 9/10 Standard
- I can monitor my understanding as it develops during my reading, and adjust my strategies to address any comprehension problems Eg: If I don’t understand a passage I have read I can re-read it, read-on, use pictures or diagrams, or explore the meaning of some of the vocabulary.
- I can use strategies to analyse ideas and information and to reflect critically on the meaning I am gaining from my reading. (Eg: I can think about the meaning of the information and ideas and how this fits with what I think)
Friday, 17 March 2017
This week at drums we set the song that Im learning aside and I started to practice the beat that Im doing for the band. The song we are doing for the band is named "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Thankfully the beat is a simple beat and was fast and easy to learn so when I was finished i could get back to learning my main song. So far I have gotten the main beat for the song down but I still need to clean it especially when I bring the high hat into it. The care value I showed at my drum lesson was Excellence because I new that after I learnt the band beat I had enough time to learn the main song before my time was up.
This week I have been going around the kakino and kauri classrooms explaining the rules of the bin challenge just incase people were getting confused, specifically the year 1s and 2s. We did this because some of the students were putting random scrap papers into the bins and sometimes even food scraps when we said in assembly that all we wanted in them were lunch scraps E.G plastic, glad wrap. The care value I showed while doing this was Active Thinking because i went around making sure everybody new what to do for the challenge so it would be easier to sort out when it finished.